Tuesday, February 21, 2012

intros & such

1st brand spankin new post!  woohoo!

h'lo there.  my name's janet, but i'm also known on the internetz as "saltygirl", the comic book pinup artist.  my husband & i work on the Jetta: Tales of the Toshigawa graphic novel series where he mainly pencils & i ink & we both collaborate on storylines.  sound fun, yeah?

i'm starting this blog to help me get back into expressing myself w/ more than just a quick & clever sentence (facebook spoiled me). i'm into comic books, cartoons, taking naps, art, so this blog will house a lot of my musings or original creations, me enjoying fam time w/ my husband & son, & maybe the occassional geeky/nerdy rant about star wars or batman. that ok?

on a more narcissistic note, this blog is also to help me fight the frump. oh you know what the frump is.  don't pretend you don't. i don't know how it happened, but i've slowly become that woman, the 1 that looks too tired to care. i was never a gal who was into girlish things; i might be missing a girly gene or something. but i did know how to put an outfit together & look halfway decent.  then 1 day i looked up & i was dressing like my almost 3yr old boy: sweatpants & a hoody. & it didn't help that my husband was 1 of the 2012 hotties for the memphis flyer.  :(  so yeah, this blog will have the occassional "look @ me! i can look purtty too!" post.

what you most likely won't find on here?
  • posts of hair &/or makeup tutorials.  i have never figured these out.  my hair is usually wash, comb, & go. 
  • & i can't wear makeup because my rosacea makes my skin flip the frak out @ the oddest things (the cold/hot, the sun, the air...).
aaand that's pretty much it for the bullet pts, until i think of things to add that i won't post about.

No comments:

Post a Comment